"I want to forge strong connections with other women in the workforce,
be the best 'me' in my career, and
make the workplace better for all women."
If this rings true for you, join
Central Carolina Women in Business! Relaunching in 2023!
All women, regardless of education, background, or profession are empowered to achieve economic security.
Central Carolina Women in Business provides meaningful connections and learning opportunities for women at any stage of their career.
Aubrey Williams, General Manager, Chapelboro/WCHL
Kelly Suggs Potter, Owner, Solgarden
Aly Evans, Account Executive, Chapelboro/WCHL
Join members of Central Carolina Women in Business for lunch and learn at top-notch dining venues across the Triangle.
Topics, Such As
- Voting Rights Then and Now
- Developing Your Leadership Style
- Health and Wellness at Work
- Nurture the Pipeline
Cost to Attend
- $35 - If you are a member of the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber or a member of the Alamance, Durham or Chapel Hill chambers
- $50 - If you are a newcomer and not quite ready to join Central Carolina Women in Business. Membership information can be found here.
Each Luncheon Provides
- Networking, great food and door prizes
- Inspiring and actionable content
- Sponsorship opportunities for your business
If you are interested in participating as a speaker, donating a door prize, or sponsoring a luncheon, contact the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber at Kim@HillsboroughChamber.com
Enjoy an informal evening of networking with other women in women-owned business across the Triangle.
Cost to Attend
- Free - If you are a member of the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber or a member of the Alamance, Durham or Chapel Hill chambers
- $10 - If you are a newcomer and not quite ready to join Central Carolina Women in Business. Membership information can be found here.
At Each Social, You'll
- Enjoy snacks, beverages and door prizes
- Learn about our host's business, and any specials she may have for you that evening
If you are interested in being a host, donating a door prize, or sponsoring a social, contact the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber at Kim@HillsboroughChamber.com
Drop the persona and discuss topics important to us as women in the workforce. We don't assign a book to read, rather we ask you bring with you something that's inspired you about the topic that month. It can be a book, a poem, a piece of art, or a song. If it speaks to you, chances are it will speak to others as well.
And, at each quarterly luncheon, we'll have available our collective book, poem, song, art suggestions.
Free but we do ask that you register by calling the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber of Commerce at (919) 732-8156.
Bring your own snacks and beverages.
We alternate between the conference rooms at WCHL and the Hillsborough Chamber.
Central Carolina Women in Business actively supports the Chamber's workforce development efforts, STEER.
Through STEER, the Chamber works with local high school students who will be entering 10th or 11th grade in the 2021-2022 school year to introduce them to career opportunities. Selected students meet one day each month during the school year.
For more information about STEER, contact Kim Tesoro, CEO of the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber of Commerce Kim@hillsboroughchamber.com
- Free informal evening socials
- Member pricing for quarterly luncheons at venues such as The Carolina Inn, Namu Durham, The Siena, Merry Hill Farm
- An open invitation to The No Makeup Book Club
- Priority for sponsorship opportunities
- A chance to make an impact for other women in the workforce
Annual membership for Central Carolina Women in Business is FREE for members of the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber of Commerce. Membership for non-members is $150/year. Please browse the membership tiers for more information.
Central Carolina Women in Business went on hiatus due to pandemic restrictions, but will be returning in 2023. Stay tuned for updates soon!