Local Resources for Economic Development
- Orange County Economic Development
- Business expansion, retention and relocation assistance
- Customized research
- Information on commercial and industrial space availability
- Small business and entrepreneur supportThe Orange County Economic Development team offers:
- If you're looking to start, relocate or expand your business, look no further than Orange County. We offer the perfect mix - on both a professional and a personal level - and Orange County Economic Development is here to help you enjoy success in both.
- Town of Hillsborough Economic Development
- Check out incentives, prime locations and eligibility for development.
- Chapter 495, serving Durham, Orange and Chatham counties was founded in 1981. The chapter currently has more than 20 volunteer mentors. The mentors of SCORE Chapel Hill are experienced business owners and managers who volunteer their experience and knowledge to help small business owners and potential small business owners achieve success.
- The Small Business Center at Durham Technical Community College
- The Small Business Center Network (SBCN), comprised of 58 Small Business Center located at community colleges throughout North Carolina, supports the development of new businesses and growth of existing businesses as a community-based provider of business training, counseling and resource information. SBC at Durham Tech provides business owners with the information they need for success.
Grants, Loans and Incentives
- Orange County Economic Development and the Town of Hillsborough both offer economic development programs to help area businesses.
- If you would like to learn more about the Orange County Small Business Loan Program, CLICK HERE.
- The Town of Hillsborough has a variety of inventive programs that benefit many types of businesses. If you would like to learn more about incentives with the Town of Hillsborough, CLICK HERE.