The Hillsborough-Orange County Chamber of Commerce offers five membership packages, each with different benefits and services (details about each are provided below). You are able to choose your level of membership based on your interests, needs, desired visibility in the community, and goals for supporting a healthy business climate. All tiers include the Core Membership Benefits.
CORE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
(provided with every tier level)
EVENTS, EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Access to Chamber programs and events to build business:
1. Free business and workforce development seminars
2. One free membership in Central Carolina Women In Business
3. One free membership in Hillsborough Young Professionals
4. Free admission to monthly Business After Hours networking
socials (drink/food included)
5. Hillsborough Holiday Parade entry fee: $50 (non-members $125)
6. Networking opportunities at 30+ programs a year
7. Inclusion in invitation-only special events (such as the Annual
• Access to Member-to-Member Discounts offered by fellow members, including Piedmont Health Services and Office Depot Discount Program
• Low-cost printing at Chamber (15¢ B&W/per page. 22¢ color/per page)
• One free use of Chamber conference room
(future rental: $20 per hour)
• Discounted Certificates of Origin: $50 per certificate (regularly $100)
• Unlimited employee subscriptions to Chamber email publications
MARKETING & VISIBILITY
• Business listing on Chamber website (and link to your website)
• ChamberMaster login to post your business events on Chamber website
• Inclusion in Chamber’s business referral program (phone, email and newcomer requests for service and retail providers)
• Increased business and staff visibility and credibility:
1. Participation in Chamber Ambassador’s Committee (great for
meeting potential customers!)
2. Opportunity for other Chamber committee involvement
• Recognition in Chamber publications upon joining:
1. Facebook (2,500 followers)
2. Instagram (1,700 followers)
3. Twitter (1,200 followers)
4. “Hillsborough Happenings” email newsletter (1,300 distribution)
• Membership decals:
1. Window/door decal for display in business
2. Digital e-decal for website, social media and emails
• Free or discounted advertising and promotional opportunities:
1. Free ribbon cutting or ground-breaking ceremony
2. Possible on-air interview during WHUP 104.7 FM morning news
3. 60% discount on full color, 4.93” wide x 5” tall ad in The News of Orange newspaper on Chamber page - last Wednesday each month
• Display of business cards in Chamber lobby
• Opportunity to host a Business After Hours and sponsor events
Trustee membership is the most prestigious Chamber membership level with increased opportunities and exposure reflecting your investment and commitment to the Chamber. Companies joining the Chamber at the Trustee level are able to show a high level of commitment as a good corporate citizen, influence the community, actively engage in issues important to their businesses, support the Chamber’s mission to move the economic needle and receive direct access to business leaders.
Foundation level members are committed businesses and organizations that take a leadership role in our efforts to accelerate business growth and prosperity in the community. With this higher-level membership, Foundation members receive additional benefits and recognition beyond standard membership, as well as, place themselves with leading decision makers.
Cornerstone membership is designed for proactive businesses looking to make even higher-level connections. Cornerstone members receive increased networking in addition to premier exposure and publicity to leverage their business’ credibility and reach new markets. For many Cornerstone members, the Chamber is a trusted partner in advocacy efforts related to legislative and workforce issues that affect their business.
The Champion Level membership assists your business in gaining visibility with co-sponsorship of events and enhanced listings on our online business directory. The Chamber offers a variety of communication vehicles to promote your business. There are nearly 70 events on the calendar to connect with other members contacts throughout the year, including morning, lunch and after hours events.
Entrepreneur - $300 annually
For sole proprietor and small business owners with 3 employees or less (including owner) and in business for less than 2 years. For less than an average of 60 cents per day, you have the power of the Chamber behind you, including exclusive access to services, membership listing, referrals, member news, discounts, networking, advertising, sponsorships, advocacy, credibility and more. This level includes all of the Core Membership Benefits listed at the top of the page.