Hillsborough Hometown Holidays
Come "home" for the holidays and become a Hillsborough local during our Hometown Holidays Festival, presented by the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber of Commerce. Ongoing family-friendly events offer you a chance to slow down the pace during a hectic season and make a few special memories.
Just 10 minutes away from Durham, Chapel Hill, and Mebane, Hillsborough offers a historic background with a variety of unique shops and restaurants, live music, local artisans on exhibit, and outdoor activities. This year's Festival includes Small Business Saturday, the Holiday Parade & Tree Lighting, The Holiday Wreath Stroll, Solstice Celebration Lantern Walk.....and MORE!
Hometown Holidays Festival Information
Kick off the Hometown Holidays Festival in downtown for Shop Small Saturday on November 26, 2022! Then, write a letter to Santa and drop it off at the Visitors Center on East King Street or the various locations around Hillsborough! Curious to know what Christmas would have been like with the Burwell family? Take a tour of the Burwell School to see holiday and Christmas decorations from the 19th century! Walk around town on the Holiday Wreath Stroll and pay a visit to some of Hillsborough’s great local businesses and homes, decorated for the season. Purchase a kit from the Hillsborough Arts Council’s Gift Shop to make your own solstice lantern for the Solstice Lantern Walk, then come back to town to place it! Purchase a Hillsborough Hometown Holiday gift box, curated packages for sale for the holidays from select businesses, and attractions. We hear that the Visitors Center has t-shirts, BBQ maps, and pint glasses in their gift boxes! Festive photo backdrops will be available at the Visitors Center, the Holiday tree, Orange County Historical Museum, and others.
Looking for more Hometown Holiday Festival Fun? Be sure to check out the events below:
- Holiday Tree Lighting
- Attend in-person (masked and socially distanced) as elected officials and partners 'flip the switch' on our Holiday Tree!
- Saturday, December 4, 2022 immediately following the parade.
- Holiday Wreath Stroll Weekend
- Go on the self-guided tour and see all the decorated wreaths in town while soaking in the historic architecture and holiday spirit!
- Map of wreath locations will be available at visithillsboroughnc.com/events
- Link to sign up, the deadline to sign up for the Hillsborough Holiday Wreath Stroll is November 26th.
- Solstice Lantern Walk Weekend
- 2021 Holiday Parade
- The parade will be December 4, 2022 it will begin at 4:00 p.m on N. Churton St. and end on Margaret Lane and Cameron St.
We invite you to explore Hillsborough and its many wonders as you come “home” for the holidays. A complete list of festival events can be found at hillsboroughchamber.com or visithillsboroughnc.com. Be sure to wear your masks and to socially distance while enjoying the family-friendly events and things to see downtown. We can’t wait to see you there! Happy Holidays!