Hillsborough Young Professionals Group
The mission of the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber Young Professionals Group (YPG) is to empower young professionals in Hillsborough and Orange County through an energetic and dynamic environment of education, networking, and volunteer and social experiences to positively impact membership and the local community.
Young Professionals have a different reality than older, established professionals. Young Pro's are on the move, trying new career paths, climbing corporate ladders, developing leadership skills, navigating the single life, or adjusting to new families. Our monthly events provide ways to establish contacts, and grow personally and professionally while having FUN! Interested in the Hillsborough/Orange County Young Professionals Group (YPG)? Contact the Leadership Committee at email@example.com.
Membership in YPG is open to all professionals aged 21 - 40. YPG is welcoming and inclusive of the diversity of our community. Many Chamber members already have YPG memberships included with their level of investment in our Chamber. See the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber membership tiers and benefits to learn more, and connect with Kim Tesoro at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate the names and email addresses of the YPG member(s) in your business.
YPG Membership Benefits
- Invitation to all Young Professional Group’s monthly events and activities (networking, social, educational, service, and active)
- Assigned a Chamber Member YPG Mentor from a preferred industry (or related industry) for professional development
- Access to a growing community of 21-40 year old young professionals who are actively seeking opportunities to develop socially, professionally and civically
- Quarterly invitation to Business After Hours for YPG Connect nights to network with Chamber members and learn about Chamber membership
- Participate in workforce and business development opportunities through Chamber workshops and seminars
- Receive weekly “Hillsborough Happenings” newsletter
- Access to low-cost print services (15¢-B&W/per page and 22¢-Color/per page)
- Rental of conference room or patio social space (2 hours per month for $35)
- Community outreach and volunteer opportunities
- Discount admission to Quarterly Enrichment Breakfasts
- Opportunity to join the YPG Leadership Committee and take a leading role in motivating young people in our community (must be a Chamber member)
- Exposure to the benefits of Chamber membership
Not a part of the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber yet? For $120/year billed annually or $40 billed quarterly, you will receive access to all of the benefits above. Connect with others your age in the community by becoming a YPG member today.
If you are ready to be a YPG member, please fill out the form below.
YPG Member Application
The Hillsborough Young Professionals Group (YPG) typically meets on the second Wednesday of each month after work from 5:30 - 7 p.m. at Chamber member businesses. We have monthly networking socials, quarterly "Social+" events, and occasional community service events. Professional development and networking in our community is what we are all about.
Keep up with our latest events by following us on social media (LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram), checking out the Chamber’s Event Calendar, or becoming a YPG member and receiving our email announcements. View the current 2019 Hillsborough YPG events schedule.
Join fellow young professionals developing leadership skills, networking and impacting our community.
Community Service: Habitat Build
2019 YPG Leadership Committee
The Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber Young Professionals Group (YPG) is guided by a Leadership Committee of committed volunteers that want to see Hillsborough continue to be a vibrant and connected community. If you would like to be a part of the YPG Leadership Committee please indicate it on your YPG member application or email us at email@example.com.
- Blake Tedder, Entrepreneur, Chair
- Trang O’Connor, Orange County SportsPlex, Vice Chair
- Austin Daugherty, Blaser Investment, Treasurer
- Jonathan Edmiston, HomeSmart Expert Realty
- Evelyn Kreily, Lenovo
- Clint Webb, Spectrum
- Martrisha Bradshaw, Entrepreneur
- Matt Deitz, NC Farm Bureau, Chamber Board Liaison