Information, Registration and Submission Information
The Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber of Commerce is hosting the 2020 Hillsborough Holiday Parade virtually this year! The parade will feature Hillsborough and Orange County businesses and groups showing their holiday spirit through video format! This will be a fun (and SAFE!) way to celebrate the holidays and connect to the community while also socially distancing and avoiding crowds!
The parade will be available virtually on Sunday, December 6th, 2020 at 4 PM. The video will be available on youtube for viewing and linked to our social media sites such as our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages. As a public video, we are hoping that local businesses will stream and play the video during their open hours!
Applications will be approved on a first come, first serve basis and are subject to HOCCOC BOD approval. Applications will not be considered until payment has been received.
After the 2020 Virtual Holiday Parade goes live, the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a “People’s Choice Prizes Contest” for the community’s favorite 3 entries! The contest will accept votes for most creative, decorative and favorite video submission from the virtual parade. Voting will close one one week after the poll opens and the winning group will receive a prize! The voting poll link will be sent out after the parade viewing link is live.
How to Enter
- To register for the 2020 Virtual Holiday Parade, follow this Google Form link to submit your information. The form includes a link to the Google Folder for video Submissions and a link for payment collection.
Payment and Fees
Payment will be collected through the Chamber Page for the Event. Payment can be made online or by check or cash. If you are paying with cash or check, you MUST STILL COMPLETE the Registration Payment Link on the Hillsborough Chamber website.
- Member fee: $25
- Non-member fee: $50
- Schools: Free ($0.00)
A video for the 2020 Virtual Holiday Parade can take many forms! Film a 30 second video of your business or group in all your holiday cheer! Some ideas for your entry can include:
- Your team (socially distanced and masked) wishing Hillsborough a happy holiday season
- A vehicle decorated like a typical parade float with your business’s logo shown proudly
- A 30-second dance routine with elf costumes and gifts (socially distanced and masked)
- A team member in front of your business with your business’s sign or logo shown
- Any combination or variation of the above!
To make sure your video is approved for the 2020 Virtual Holiday Parade, please follow these parameters for your submission:
- All video entries must be no longer than 30 seconds
- All video entries must be filmed horizontally (also known as landscape mode)
- All video entries must be in the Google Folder by November 10th at 11:59 p.m.
- All video entries must include the name of your group or business
- Video submissions can be .mp3, .mp4, .webM, .mpeg or .avi
- Please name your video file under the following format: Businessname_2020virtualparade
Other Chamber of Commerce Examples
Below are some examples of other Chamber parade ideas as well as other 2020 virtual parades with various themes. These give some ideas to spark your creativity for creating your 30 second entry! Make sure to decorate, celebrate and show off your business or group in your video submission! Sing, dance, run, drive- just make sure to social distance and have fun!