As a primary voice for business organizations in our region, the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber of Commerce exists to be of service to our member's business needs. In doing so, we promote economic growth and quality of life. The Chamber Board formulates policies and sets goals aimed at improving the economic well-being of the town and especially the business community and its members.
Board of Directors
As the governing body of the Chamber, the Board:
- authorizes the organization's mission and goals;
- approves the organization's budget and ensures the financial health of the Chamber;
- authorizes and reviews annual independent accounting of Chamber activities;
- determines the course of action and sets the strategic agenda for the organization;
- provides oversight and direction to committees, councils and task forces;
- represents the Chamber in the community
It is the mission of the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Program to promote member commitment and retention by:
- Raising awareness of Chamber activities and benefits;
- informing and involving new Chamber members to promote string continuing membership;
- encouraging meaningful and beneficial participation in the Chamber;s programs;
- serving as a liaison between the Chamber staff and membership.
Board Members Katie Merritt, Jonna Hunt, & Jennifer Warren at 2016 Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony
2016 Ambassador of the Year, Raul Herrera